Have you ever seen a person suffering from substance abuse? It is also called as the drug addiction or drug abuse that is very harmful not just for the user, but also for the people around them. Drugs are important in our daily lives, to cure people from certain illness in the form of medicine, but when the person is over using drugs. There is a large possibility that they will become addicted to it. When a person is overusing drugs, they will do unusual activities that are harmful to humanity as well as their self. The behavior of the user will change, because their personality is going to be affected by the effects of the drugs.
There are various drugs that a person can abuse, namely barbiturates, alcohol, benzodiazepines, substituted amphetamines, methaqualone, opioids, heroin and of course the popular drug named “cocaine”. When these drugs are abused, the person who uses it will be out of himself and do things that can be harmful not just to the user but also to the people that is near to them. Take note that it does not just end there because when they use it excessively it may cost their life. Some drug user will not be able to handle the effect of abusing drugs, which may cost them to die and may lose their mind.
You will be able to know if they are suffering from substance abuse when you see these following symptoms.
- Suicide or Homicide – people who are usually on suicidal or does homicide are involved with substance abuse. They are out of their mind and do not know what they are thinking, they will also forget their humanity and be able to do things that is not healthy for everyone around them.
- Social Problems – when the person is changed through abusing drugs, they will be having problems with socializing with people. There may be a few reasons for arguments and will go for a fight, so you need to keep distance with this person because you might be one of their victims.
- Violence – people who do violence are more likely abusing drugs too. This is because their personality is changed and this is the reason why they are violent.
- Accidents – most accidents that are reported are from those people who are abusing drugs and travel using any vehicle. When you are out of yourself, you will do different things that may cause your life and get involved with accidents.
- Abusive people – many children are dangerous nowadays because of substance abuse, because the user is out of their self and abuse people like rape, molest, assaults, burglaries and more. When you know someone who has abused their families or people around them, then they may experience the effect of substance abuse. It would be best to keep away from them and report to the authorities before they harm you or your family.
When you see these symptoms of a person who is living nearby or a family member of yours, you should be responsible enough to take action and keep people around you safe. By getting a professional to take care of them and get them rehabilitated. Drug abuse is the worst case scenario than any other bad habits, so if you have a family member or people around the area is experiencing substance abuse. You should do your thing and be able to protect all the people that you love, before your worst nightmare comes. Just be aware that these people have personality problems, so if you are planning to have a professional help for them you need to be cautious with your action to avoid worst situations.